The details for this weekend’s representative matches between the NFNL and Geelong Football Netball League in the 2019 WorkSafe AFL Victoria Community Championships.
The NFNL’s football and netball representative sides will both be in action at Queens Park Highton when they take on the best from the GFNL and AFL Barwon.
The NFNL’s senior men’s football team is playing off for the number one spot on the AFL Victoria Community Championships ranking, following a 40-point triumph over the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League in last year’s 3 v 4 playoff.
The senior women’s football team will take on a combined AFL Barwon team and will be looking to atone after last year going down by one point in extra time to South East Women’s.
The NFNL’s open and under-19 netball teams will both be looking to continue unbeaten streaks that extend back to the introduction of representative netball in 2015.
This year’s representative matches provide a great challenge for our netballers against strong opposition and on outdoor courts.
Final teams for all football and netball outfits will be announced later this week.
Continue below for all the match day and media details.
• Senior Men’s Football – commences at 2:15pm at Queens Park, Highton
• Senior Women’s Football – commences at 9:50am at Queens Park, Highton
• Open Netball – commences at 12:30pm at Queens Park, Highton
• Under-19 Netball – commences at 11:00am at Queens Park, Highton
The price of admission is $10 for adults and $5 for concession. Concession includes student concession and aged pension cards, which must be displayed for discount admission fee.
DURATION OF MATCHES
• The senior men’s football match will run for 4 x 20-minute quarters, with time on
• The senior women’s football match will run for 4 x 20-minute quarters, with no time on
• Both netball matches will run for 4 x 15-minute quarters
A live video stream of the senior men’s and women’s football match will be available on the Northern Football Netball League Facebook page, courtesy of Red Onion Creative.
Both netball matches will be filmed, with replays available via the NFNL website early next week.