Nominations are open for the annual Lew Hall Award, honouring young leaders within the NFNL.
The Lew Hall Award
(Demonstrated Club and Community Leadership by a Young Person)
This award has been initiated by the Northern Football Netball League in memory of Lew Hall. Lew was someone who gave selflessly of his time to junior football, in promoting opportunities for young people and in encouraging leadership amongst the young.
The award is to be offered annually.
About Lew Hall
Lew was a retired school teacher who passed away in 2006. He had made a significant contribution to the League in many capacities over a long period of time. He was passionate about the important and significant impact that participation in sport has on the development of young people. He made positive contributions to the League in many capacities, such as:
• A player
• A goal umpire
• President of Hurstbridge Football Club
• Various roles at the Greensborough Junior football Club
• Chairman of Junior Football for the former Diamond Valley Football League.
Lew was also active in sport outside of football in various other roles including:
• President of the Ivanhoe Harriers
• A member of the former City of Heidelberg’s Sports Advisory Committee
• A member of the Willinda Park Committee of Management.
Lew was also a recipient of an Australia Day Community Service Award for his contributions to junior sport.
Purpose of the Award
• To acknowledge selfless contribution to a club, the League and/or community by a young person.
• To encourage leadership in young people through unselfish contributions to the betterment of a club, the League and/or the community.
To be considered for the Lew Hall Award a young person must:
• Have consistently shown good leadership and is a positive role model for their team mates through unselfish acts to help his/her club, the League or the community,
• Have shown positive leadership through a significant act of selflessness, which lead to a positive outcome for his/her club, team mates, the League or the community,
• Be 18 years of age or younger during the current season.
• Be a registered junior player with an NFNL affiliated club.
• All clubs are invited to submit nominations
• The NFNL Awards Committee will assess any applications received against the award’s criteria and make a recommendation to the NFNL Board
• The Board will make the final decision on the award.
• All clubs, which have submitted a nomination, will be advised of the Board’s decision.
• The award will be presented at the NFNL Junior Presentation night on Monday 13th August, 2018.
The winner of the Lew Hall award shall receive a trophy and a Carlton FC match day experience package on the weekend of August 24-26, Carlton Vs Adelaide Crows at Etihad Stadium. Actual date and time yet to be determined.
This package will include 2 seats at a Carlton FC President’s function, access to the player change rooms and the opportunity to attend the post match press conference.
Nominations are due by no later than Monday 16th July, 2018. Nominations are to be submitted via the online nomination form which can be accessed here.
This award is proudly supported by the Carlton Football Club.