VU Western Spurs Women’s Football Club wishes to invite applications for senior and assistant coaches to join for the 2020 season.
The VU Western Spurs Women’s Football Club has a history as being the longest-running and most successful stand-alone women’s Australian Rules Football team in Melbourne’s west.
Fielding three teams across as many divisions – most recently in the Northern Football Netball League – the Spurs are a dynamic and competitive team at all levels.
We pride ourselves on providing an inclusive culture, strong community ties, and pathways for Spurs players to the VFLW.
We are now looking for passionate Senior and Assistant Coaches to take the development of our strategic game planning and player ability to the next level.
• Minimum Level 1 coaching accreditation or willingness to obtain this prior to the season.
• Demonstrated experience coaching Australian Rules Football (female coaching experience favourable)
• Ability to attend a minimum of two (2) nights of training during pre-season and the home and away season, as well as one (1) game per weekend during the home and away season (fixture TBC).
• Proven player and time management skills
• Excellent verbal communication, and open to feedback
• Current and valid Victorian Working With Children Check
• Drivers licence preferred
The VU Western Spurs Women’s Football Club plays out of Henry Turner (North) Reserve / Merv Hughes Oval in Footscray during the home and away season. Pre-season is conducted within the local municipality.
• Please send a resume and cover letter outlining your relevant knowledge, skills and experience addressed to Caroline Kilmartin, Head of Football Operations via email@example.com by no later than COB Thursday 26th September. Please take the time to explain why you believe you would be a good fit for the VU Western Spurs Women’s Football Club.
• Ensure that you identify which of the following positions you are applying to (you can apply to more than one role in your application, but please advise of such);
o Division 1 Senior Coach
o Division 1 Assistant Coach
o Division 2 Senior Coach
o Division 2 Assistant Coach
o Division 3 Senior Coach
o Division 3 Assistant Coach
Please note that interviews to shortlisted candidates will be held on Saturday 5th October.