Lalor Football Netball Club is seeking a Head Sports Trainer for our Division 3 men’s football teams.
The ideal candidate will be somebody who is passionate, motivated and enjoys working within a team environment.
The position on offer is casual/part time.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Attend 2 training sessions per week (Mon/Wed during pre-season and Tues/Thurs during season) to perform pre-training and match day services, including injury management/rehabilitation, player taping and massage (COVID-19 dependent) as required.
• Attend practice matches organised by the coach (March dates confirmed) remuneration available.
• Treat player injuries and recommend further rehab/medical advice.
• Keep accurate records of player injuries and report to coaching staff on a weekly basis.
• Ensure that required medical equipment (tapes, creams, etc) are available at all training sessions and matches.
• Work with 2 other medical volunteers that will report to them.
• Work with the committee to order all medical equipment.
What we’re looking for to be considered for the role, candidates must have (or be working/willing to attain) the following essential skills and experience:
• Ability to handle on-field mobility demands and maintain a sound level of fitness due to the running involved on match day
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Have a can-do attitude and ready to be involved in the social aspect of the club
• Availability for all training sessions (2 per week) and match days (18 in total) during the season
• Current Level 1 Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) Sports Trainer Certificate (if not, LFC has funding to assist with getting this)
• A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
• Current CPR Certification (if not, LFC has funding to assist with getting this)
• Working with children check (Volunteer)
Remuneration is available and will be discussed prior to signing the 2021 season contract.
To find out more or apply for the role, please contact the club via email: email@example.com with an Expression of Interest.