All the details for this week’s 2017 WaterMarc NFL Junior Grand Finals.
All matches will be played on Sunday, August 20.
To view this week’s finals fixture, please click on the link below and then select ‘Fixture‘ on any of the junior competitions. Once taken to the Fixture page, change the ‘Normal Season‘ dropdown box to ‘Finals‘.
The Northern Football League wishes all competing teams the very best in this weekend’s grand finals.
Below is all the information you need ahead of this weekend’s matches.
ADMISSION AND FOOTBALL RECORD PRICES
In 2017 there will be free entry into all matches in the WaterMarc Junior Finals Series. Football records can be purchased for $2.50.
All grand finals will be filmed exclusively by the NFL’s official match vision partner Sportscast Australia.
Digital copies of all 2017 NFL Junior Grand Finals will be available for purchase one week after the matches are played.
The games can be purchased for $16.50, with a rebate of all purchases going directly to the competing clubs from each grand final.
For more details, please click here.
NO DOGS OR ALCOHOL
No dogs (including dogs on a leash) or alcohol are permitted to be brought into any NFL finals venue.
It would be appreciated if all clubs would stress these points with both players and supporters and remind them that alcohol will be confiscated.
NO ALCOHOL WILL BE SOLD AT ANY VENUE AS PER NFL JUNIOR POLICY.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Spectators are reminded that the following Code of Conduct applies to all patrons.
• Remember that you are there for the participants to enjoy the game.
• Encourage participation, but don’t force it.
• Teach that enjoyment is more important than winning.
• Never ridicule mistakes or losses – supporters are there to support not downgrade.
• Lead by example and respect all players, coaches, umpires and supporters – physical or verbal abuse will not be tolerated.
• Recognise and respect all volunteers who are giving up their valuable time.
• Never publicly criticise umpires – raise personal concerns with club officials in private.
• Do not use offensive comments based on race, religion, gender or ability – you’ll let down your family and your club if you do.
• Remember, vilification not only breaches NFL Rules, it is against the law. Parents/supporters found guilty may face disciplinary action by their club, the NFL and possible police action.
PROCEDURE IF GAME IS DRAWN (AS PER NFL BY-LAW 12.6)
12.6. Drawn Matches in Finals
12.6.1. In the event of a drawn game in any Qualifying Final, Elimination Final, First Semi Final, Second Semi Final, Preliminary Final or Grand Final – the following conditions will apply:
I. Goal umpires confirm scores;
II. Field umpires will re-commence the game (teams will not change ends) for a duration of five (5) minutes. The siren will sound and the teams will change ends and a further five (5) minutes shall be played.
III. If the game is still drawn after the second 5 minute period the siren will sound, the goal umpires will confirm scores and both teams remain in the positions they were in.
IV. The match will recommence from a ball up in the centre of the ground. The time keepers will allow play to continue until the next score when they will sound the siren. The team that scores first is the winner.
V. No time on shall be added to the extra time periods of junior finals matches.
VI. At no stage during extra time are coaches permitted to address their players.