The Greensborough Football Club is seeking enthusiastic, committed and experienced individuals to apply for coaching roles in its senior football department for season 2024.
The GFC was founded in 1893 and has been the most successful club across both senior and junior grades in the DVFL/NFNL and fields men’s senior sides in Division 1 and women’s senior side in Division 2.
Relationships and communication are key attributes of our club. All coaches must strive to build a club first culture, which is inclusive of every player, across all grades.
Our club is seeking senior coaches with extremely high standards, with an emphasis on the growth of a mostly young playing list, including 2 x U19 sides in the 2023 season.
This reflects the emphasis we place on the development of our youth as people and footballers.
All applicants must possess proven leadership skills, having successfully led and developed players, assistant coaches and support staff in the past.
Coaches are expected to make a significant and positive contribution to the supportive and inclusive nature of our football club.
They will be a contributing member of a team, who will work closely together to benefit the club, its players, its committee and its members.
We welcome all applicants to submit their interest in any of the vacancies below:
• Senior men’s head coach
• Reserves men’s head coach
• Under 19’s men’s head coach
• we are also looking for Assistant Coaches across all the three grades
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
• Minimum requirement is Level 1 coaching accreditation
• Ability to show strong knowledge and experience in the game
• Ability to develop and instil a cohesive game plan
• A high level of organisational leadership
• Ability to develop players across ages 18 -> 30+
• Ability to work with other coaches, including assistants within the club
• Provide guidance to junior coaching & mentoring programs
• Identify and recruit new players to the club, including support staff
Playing and non-playing coaches will be considered for the role(s) and remuneration is negotiable.
Expressions of interest, including contact details and previous experience should be addressed to the Football Operations Managers – Steven Ellis or Russell Grubb at (email@example.com) by close of business Wednesday 27th September 2023.