The West Preston-Lakeside Football Club is seeking a Canteen Manager to be responsible for the efficient and professional operation of a sports facility canteen.
The WPLFC is a very successful club across both senior and junior grades and prides itself on being recognised as a strong community leader. The club provides an inclusive environment, and the successful candidate will be a part of a dedicated team of volunteers who work closely together for the benefit of the club and its members.
The position will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the canteen (ordering, cooking, selling, managing stock, maintain accurate records, etc) under the guidance of the Facilities Manager.
The canteen normally operates for 18-22 weeks of the football calendar; on weekends during both senior and junior match days along with meals prepared on Thursday nights training.
The club is looking for a person or persons who are self-starters and can act independently within guidelines, who have the ability to work with canteen equipment and can supervise staff and deal with customers in a professional and warm manner.
The position is a paid position and further details, including remuneration, can be provided upon application.
• Providing high quality, healthy food to our customers in a professional manner.
• Working with the Club Committee to ensure operational efficiency and canteen profitability.
• Ensuring that all staff and volunteers comply with all relevant policies and procedures as outlined by the Club Committee.
• Facilitate a happy, supportive and productive canteen environment, where canteen staff and or volunteers feel valued and welcome.
Duties will include:
• Management of canteen staff & volunteers
• Provision of staff
• Canteen operations during game days (Saturday/Sundays), training nights (Thursday), club functions (as required) and during carnivals (eg Rep footy or Finals hosting).
• Effective communication
• Liaison with the Facilities Manager, Treasurer and suppliers.
• Stock management; be responsible for the economical ordering and checking of stock deliveries, as per the delivery docket.
• Maintain accurate and complete records, including canteen monies for banking
• Planning and involvement in special events
• Negotiated miscellaneous duties
• Delegate tasks effectively
• Must be able to work game day weekends (9 Saturdays and 14 Sundays) and training on Thursday nights during the football season.
Applications can be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling Graham (Facilities Manager) on 0410 601 637 or Luciano (President) 0400 815 709.