The 2023 fixtures for the NFNL’s senior men’s football competitions have been released.
Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 and MC Labour Division 2 will both commence their season’s with a split round across Friday April 7 and Saturday April 15.
There will be three Good Friday clashes across the two Divisions. Macleod will host Greensborough in Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 while Eltham take on Panton Hill and Epping play Thomastown in MC Labour Division 2.
Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 and MC Labour Division 2 will again both feature 10 teams, while nine teams will compete in Heidelberg Golf Club Division 3 with the arrival of Kinglake.
It means every club will play 18 home and away games in season 2023 except in Heidelberg Golf Club Division 3, with those clubs to play 16 regular season games and have two byes each.
In all three competitions, each club will play each opponent once in the opening nine rounds, before the reverse fixtures are staged in the second half of the year.
As it was in 2022, Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 and MC Labour Division 2 will both feature a top-five finals series, while the top-four sides will play finals in Heidelberg Golf Club Division 3.
The finals series for both MC Labour Division 2 and Heidelberg Golf Club Division 3 will commence on the weekend of August 26-27, a week prior to the start of the Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 finals.
All men’s football grand finals will again played on Saturdays.
Key features of the 2023 NFNL senior men’s football fixtures include:
• Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 and MC Labour Division 2 will commence with a split round across Friday April 7 (Good Friday) and Saturday April 15.
• Three matches to be played on Good Friday. They include:
– Macleod vs Greensborough at De Winton Park
– Eltham vs Panton Hill at Eltham Central Park
– Epping vs Thomastown at Epping Recreation Reserve
• Kinglake to host their opening round match against Reservoir on Saturday April 15 at Kinglake Memorial Oval.
• Fitzroy Stars and Old Eltham Collegians to compete for the NAIDOC Cup in their July 8 match at Sir Douglas Nicholls Oval. The match will be held during NAIDOC week and the NFNL’s Sir Douglas Nicholls Round.
• Melbourne Greyhounds Division 1 to have a bye on the weekend of Saturday July 29.
Please note: Round 1 grading fixtures for all under-19 and women’s football competitions will be released early in 2023 once team numbers have been confirmed.
To view the fixtures online, please click here.
To download the 2023 NFNL senior men’s football fixtures, please click on the links below: